How to fix SharePoint 2013 Web Application error “The context has expired and can no longer be used”October 22nd, 2012 | Author: Alex Entrekin | Filed under: CloudShare, SharePoint | Tags: error, server error, SharePoint, SharePoint 2013, web application
I came across this odd error a couple of times in the past few weeks, so I wrote a quick guide that might help you get rid of it.
If you see this error after opening your SharePoint 2013 site, there is a lack of synchronization between Date and Time settings in your SharePoint 2013 Server and your SharePoint web application.
Sorry, something went wrong. The context has expired and can no longer be used. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090317)
Here is how you fix it!
- Open Central Administration -> Application Management.
- Locate the relevant Web Application and click on
- Web Application General Setting window will open up, notice that the Default Time Zone is missing.
- Open Date and Time options on your server and check which time zone is configured. Configure the same time zone in Web Application General Setting.
- Perform IIS Reset and open your SharePoint 2013 site again.
Hooray! SharePoint site works again!