The SharePoint Permalink ChallengeSeptember 6th, 2012 | Author: Chris Riley | Filed under: CloudShare
It’s time for a new CloudShare challenge. And this time you get paid! How much you ask? It’s up to you.
We came up with a new way for you to show what you’ve got to the SharePoint world. Share it. Impress us with your ProPlus skills. We’re calling it the SharePoint Permalink Challenge. You build something cool in SharePoint, take a snapshot, and spread the word with a Permalink. The owners of the top three Permalinks get paid!
- 1st place gets $1.50 for each unique visitor to the Permalink, up to $2,500
- 2nd place gets $1 for each unique visitor to the Permalink, up to $1,500
- 3rd place gets $0.75 for each unique visitor to the Permalink, up to $1,000
That’s right, we said you get paid. We’ll track how many unique visitors come to your environment, and if you have the most traction, we’ll reward you with an Amazon gift card or its equivalent in your region. The challenge starts now!
- Sept 6th: Challenge begins
- Sept 17th: Progress update blog post
- Sept 21st: Last day to get visitors
- Sept 24th: Winners announced
Tips for promoting your solution:
- Use Twitter, DUH. But add @CloudShare and #PermalinkChallenge to your tweets so we can help you promote it. You can use the ProPlus social feature for that
- Post it on Facebook – even on the CloudShare Facebook page
- Post it on LinkedIn, your blog, someone else’s blog
- OR yes, we will even allow you to post on our blog. Tell us all about what you built, how you built it, why it’s cool, and we will put it on our blog
- Build your solution in SharePoint 2013 (people are going crazy over this thing)
- When you talk about your solution talk about what you built and how you did it, don’t talk about CloudShare
- Record a video of what you built and post it on YouTube or anywhere you want
- Write a good environment description, so people know what they are getting when they click the Permalink
- HURRY. The sooner you start, the more time you have to promote it
- Don’t CHEAT! We will know if you fake user accounts. Our developers love catching people
- Build your solution on SharePoint. We recommend SharePoint 2013 – it will get more exposure, but 2010 and even old 2007 will work
- The maximum individual prize is $2,500 for first, $1,500 for second, and $1,000 for third.
- No CloudShare Employees OK?
ARE YOU READY! If so, this is how you do it
Step 1: You need to use this Permalink to start: Click here to grab the Permalink
- Brand new to CloudShare? This is easy. Click the Permalink, register, and you are ready to go
- Existing customer? No problem – contact Chris@CloudShare.com and we will add a temporary license for you. Once you have the environment you must click “Own This Environment”
- Existing but expired trial? Oh ok, we will give you more time. Contact Chris@CloudShare.com and we will add a temporary license for you. Once you have the environment you must click “Own This Environment”
Step 2: Build your Solution
- The Permalink already has SharePoint 2013, but you can change the machines, remove or add what you want
- You can customize anything, it’s your server
Step 3: Create a good Environment Description
Step 4: Take a snapshot
Step 5: Grab the Permalink in your environment details, and start using it in the promotion
Let the first Permalink Challenge begin!