Give me your tired, your frustrated…April 23rd, 2012 | Author: Scott Petri | Filed under: CloudShare | Tags: Cloud, CloudShare, community, Support, support forum, tech support
…your huddled masses about to dropkick their computers out the window.
So you’ve just about had enough? Spent the last few hours banging your head against the wall? You’re cursing having ever heard the terms ‘VM, Cloud, SharePoint’?
Fear not my friend, it happens to the best of us and you’re in good company. There are a few easy steps to follow to try and get yourself back on track:
- STOP! Take a deep breath and step away from the computer for 10 minutes. Go get a cup of coffee, beer, glass of wine – whatever you like – and …relax. While you’re at it, get me one too.
- Resign yourself to the fact that along with 100% of the global population, you don’t know everything. But good on ya for trying – that’s admirable in my book.
- Go back to your computer and head to the CloudShare Support portal. Because if you have a question, chances are that someone else, just like you, had the very same question.
- What’s that you say? No one asked it yet? Impressive! Go ahead and ask the CloudShare Community.
- “OK, this really isn’t working. What the heck is going on?” Don’t panic! You’re still in the right place. Click on Submit a Request, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, send a carrier pigeon or use mental telepathy. We’re here to help.
OK, don’t bother with the carrier pigeon, they’re far too unreliable and my research into mental telepathy has proved inconclusive.
Every now and then you will completely stump us. That’s a good thing though and the way I see it is: we all get to learn something. In that kind of situation, you might be having a problem with a particular application on your VMs. If that’s the case, as clever as we are, we don’t know everything there is to know about all the applications we have available. Whether it’s SQL, CentOS, Exchange or SharePoint, you dear Reader, are the expert. So when you hit a brick wall, we might not have the answer but I’m pretty sure we know where to find it.
What I’m trying to say is this. We have tons of ways to get in touch with CloudShare Support, so tell us your woes and we’ll do our best to fix it. I can’t promise you’ll get an immediate fix but I can promise we’re here to make sure you get back up and running as quickly as possible.